since 1997. 5. 8 (Na go ya)
Mandolin Melodies Museum
Opened on Nagoya Day [Heisei 7(na)/5(go)/8(ya)](May 8, 1995)
|* Information *
- On the third Friday of every month, we're having "An Evening with Italian Dishes & Folksongs"
- We have started "Miss Pane Della Galleria"(Italian Cooking & Baking Class)
* Guide to the Mandolin Melodies Museum
opening hours,entrance fees,location,etc.
- Records & CDs
records(SP/EP/LP)& CDs of mandolins from all over the world since 1920.
The oldest record(SP) is from France released in 1910.
- Famous articles of mandolin
more than 20 mandolins including; world famous mandolins from Italy and early works by Masakichi Suzuki who is the first mandolin maker in Japan.
* Original Goods from Mandolin Melodies Museum (available)
Items that can be obtained from the with Mandolin Melodies Museum
- CDs and LP records of Hirokazu Nanya
famous mandolin tunes by Hirokazu Nanya (mandolin), Kazumi Kurihara (piano), mandolin orchestra Delfini d'oro RealAudio 3.0 (updated:1998/9/14)
- "Nanya Delica" the mandolin for a soloist
devised and designed by Hirokazu Nanya. It has a characteristic bright tune and rich sound.
- A Mandolin Card Game: a learning tool
The card game was devised by Hirokazu Nanya using the knowledge he has from his long experience. You can learn the importance of practice through the game.
* Just playing the game is not enough for developing your skill.
- Video:The History of the Mandolin vol.1
"The Precursors and Origin of the Mandolin" An explanation of the origin of mandolins,The previously unknown story of the first mandolin, How to make a mandolin, Playing variations, and more.
- A Brooch of an Angel Playing the Mandolin
Our original brooch is a beautiful decoration with a European touch.
* Arte Mandolinistica
Hirokazu Nanya's lessons for any level from beginners to instructors.
- List of Scores
(in Japanese only)
more than 6000 scores.
- * Miss Pane Della Galleria
Miss Pane's Italian cooking and baking class since Nov.30 1997. She's Mr. Nanya's daughter.
An Evening with Italian Dishes & Folksongs
on the third Friday of every month, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the hall of Arte Mandolinistica. Come and enjoy Italian dishes while listening to a live performance with mandolins.
- * Links
links to webpages about mandolins. Last Modified (Mar. 9th, 1998)
- * Profile
- about Hirokazu Nanya,the director of Mandolin Melodies Museum.